Lane Family Practice
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
Nothing is more important than your health.
If it's time for your annual check-up, or you just aren't feeling well and need medical attention, give us a call.
In-office and Tele-medicine appointments are available.
To request an appointment, call 225-654-3607.
For Emergencies, please call 911.
Lane Family Practice is offering both COVID-19 Testing and COVID-19 Antibody Testing.
COVID-19 Antibody Testing
Please note: You will have to see a provider before being tested. Call 654-3607 to schedule your appointment.
What is the COVID-19 Antibody Test?
The COVID-19 Antibody Test will determine the presence of antibodies to SARS-CoV-19, the virus that causes COVID-19. This test has a 98.6% accuracy rate.
Who should get a COVID-19 Antibody Test?
It is best for:
- those who have experienced COVID-19 signs and symptoms
- those who had a known exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID-19
When should I get the COVID-19 Antibody Test?
It is best to wait 14 days after initial symptoms or exposure before being tested for COVID-19 antibodies.
Why should I get a COVID-19 Antibody Test?
The Antibody Test is not required. You should get the Antibody Test if you want to know if you’ve had the COVID-19 virus, or not.
How is the Antibody Test performed?
A small blood sample will be drawn and sent to LabCorp for analysis.
How long will it take to get my results?
Approximately 2-3 days.
What does a negative test result mean?
A negative test result indicates you have not developed detectable antibodies. While contingent on a variety of factors, this could be due to testing too early, the absence of exposure to the virus, or a weakened immune system because of conditions or treatments that suppress immune function such as chemotherapy or HIV/AIDS.
What does a positive test result mean?
A positive test result indicates you have likely produced an immune response to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. This is not a guarantee you are immune to COVID-19. If you had an infection with another strain of coronavirus, such as the common cold, you could potentially have a positive result as well.
For additional questions, please contact your healthcare provider at Lane Family Practice.
Safety Precautions in Place for Lane Clinics
There is nothing more important than your health. Please know we are following state guidelines and taking every precaution when you come into a Lane clinic.
At all Lane clinics, we are committed to providing you safe, convenient and effective care. We encourage you to seek the healthcare services you may have been postponing.
Here a few EXTRA precautions we have in place for your safety, and the safety of those around you:
- Masks – Everyone is required to wear a mask when entering the clinic at this time, including patients, staff members, and providers. Please bring your mask with you when you come.
- Screening – All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms by phone prior to their appointment and again upon arrival. Staff members continue to be screened before work each day, wash their hands before and after every patient interaction, and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Disinfecting – We continue to disinfect the clinic throughout the day, especially in between patients. A deep cleaning of the entire clinic is done every evening.
- Social Distancing – Patients have the choice to wait inside the waiting room or in their vehicle. Waiting rooms are arranged to maximize social distancing with designated sick and well seating sections. Only well patients are allowed in common waiting areas for lab and x-ray. Sick patients will have labs drawn in their exam room, and/or will wait in their exam room until it’s time to be escorted to and from imaging for x-rays.
- Visitors – Patients are allowed to bring one visitor.
- Appointments – All Lane clinics are seeing patients in person. Tele-medicine appointments are also available from the comfort of your home.
CALL TO SCHEDULE YOUR IN-OFFICE OR TELE-MEDICINE APPOINTMENT TODAY.
Baton Rouge Area Family Medicine
Experienced Physicians Providing Comprehensive Care for Your Entire Family
Reliable, quality healthcare for you and your loved ones is important. Our network of primary care providers includes family medicine and internal medicine physicians, as well as primary care practitioners making it possible for you to get the world-class care you deserve in convenient, comfortable locations closer to home and work.
At Lane Family Practice you will find dedicated providers who specialize in preventive care, sick care, management of chronic diseases and conditions, health education, medication management and follow-up care after hospitalization.
Lane Family Practice also provides additional services such as laboratory and X-ray testing, making it easier for you to get the services you need in a single location.
Family Medicine Services
Whether it's a wellness visit or you simply aren't feeling well, you'll find the care you need at Lane Family Practice, including the following:
- Preventive check-ups
- Well-woman exams
- Pulmonary testing
- Flu shots
- Treatment for various forms of injury, illness & disease
Conditions Treated by Family Medicine Doctors
Family medicine practitioners treat a wide range of conditions which may affect any member of the family and any area of the body. Among the most commonly seen ailments by our physicians are:
- Allergies/allergic reactions
- Diaper rash
- COPD / emphysema
- Eye infections
- Flu symptoms
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Insect bites
- Itchy skin
- Runny nose
- Sinus infections
- Sore throat
- STD testing & treatment
- Stomach aches & pains
- Urinary tract infections
- Wound care
- And many more
Integrative Family Medicine
As another approach to providing the most effective, thorough care to our patients, some Lane Family Practice physicians utilize an integrative medicine approach that focuses on the patient and their health as a whole, rather than as isolated incidents of illness or disease. These physicians develop a relationship with their patients that offers them a greater understanding of the person, their circumstances, lifestyle, medical history, and overall wellbeing. The result is higher quality, more personalized medical care from a physician that the patient has grown to like and trust! Benefits of integrative medicine include:
- Treatment of the whole person versus an isolated condition
- Establishing a foundation of health by actively addressing concerns and promoting a healthier lifestyle
- Ability to anticipate and prevent health problems before they occur
- Greater ease in identifying the underlying causes of conditions
- Saving money on healthcare expenses in the long run
Family Medicine Videos