Volunteers make a difference by sharing their time, talents, and passions with others. The Volunteer Services Program of Lane Regional Medical Center was established to develop and maintain opportunities to enhance patient care within our organization. Volunteers add an extra dimension of care and empathy for families, visitors, and staff.
We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities for men and women within the volunteer program. We work with you to find an area and schedule that fits your personality, skills, and interests. No experience or prior training is necessary!
No matter what area you volunteer in, you can be assured your contributions are needed and that they will make a difference in the lives of everyone you meet.
A few examples of volunteer responsibilities at Lane include:
- Assisting with special events and special projects
- Typing, filing, copying, and other clerical work in various departments.
- Hospitality service of coffee, water, and ice to patients
- Visiting with select patients
- Assisting with staff mailings
- Working in Gift Shop
- Reading to patients
- Providing information and assistance to visitors at information desks
Benefits of volunteering include:
- Meeting new people
- Learning new skills
- Gaining new experience
- Improving self-worth
- Rewarding experience helping others
- Flexible schedules
- Sense of satisfaction from serving your community
- Opportunities to network, build your resume, and learn more about healthcare careers
- Invited to all hospital celebrations and recognition events
- Eligible for cafeteria discounts, free flu shots, free tuberculosis screening, and participation in health and wellness screenings
Lane Volunteer Services offers volunteer opportunities for adults ages 18 & older. Simply complete the online application here, or contact the volunteer services department at 225-658-6699 to learn more.
Thank you for your interest in Lane’s Volunteer Services Program. By partnering with us, you will help foster our mission of providing exceptional healthcare services to every patient, every time.