Makes: 6 servings
Per serving: 245 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat , 6 g mono); 115 mg cholesterol; 26 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 8 g fiber; 596 mg sodium; 855 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (43% daily value), Fiber (33% dv), Vitamin C (30% dv), Iron (25% dv), Potassium (24% dv), Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat, 1 fat
- 4 cups green beans, trimmed (about 12 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons extra?virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 pound raw shrimp, (21?25 per pound; see Note), peeled and deveined
- 2 16?ounce cans large butter beans, or cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar, or red?wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Put green beans in a steamer basket, place in the pan, cover and steam until tender?crisp, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium?high heat.
- Add garlic and paprika and cook, stirring constantly, until just fragrant but not browned, about 20 seconds.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
- Stir in beans, vinegar and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup parsley.
- Divide the green beans among 6 plates. Top with the shrimp mixture.
- Sprinkle with pepper and the remaining 1/4 cup parsley.
- Serve with quinoa or brown rice.