Lane Outpatient Therapy
Baton Rouge Area Outpatient Therapy
Experience Makes a Difference
Lane Outpatient Therapy is a team of established physical, occupational, and speech therapy professionals who provide a wide array of services tailored to the individual needs of our patients.
The majority of our sessions are one-on-one with an experienced licensed therapist, ensuring consistent, skilled intervention to reach goals more quickly.
We are proud to be part of the community and are committed to providing each patient with an exceptional experience that promotes healing and recovery in a safe, compassionate environment.
Baton Rouge Area Physical Therapy
Our physical therapists develop comprehensive plans of care that may include:
- Exercises to restore motion, strength, and a greater degree of independence
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization
- Neuromuscular reeducation
- Orthotic/prosthetic training
- Education and information specific to the injury or illness
Baton Rouge Area Occupational Therapy
Our occupational therapists focus on improving a patient’s ability to perform activities of daily living. Treatment may include:
- Strengthening specific muscle groups to help restore fine and gross motor skills
- Comprehensive home exercise programs and patient education
- Instruction in adaptive living techniques, joint protection, work simplification, energy conservation, and motor coordination
- Customized adaptive equipment
Baton Rouge Area Speech Therapy
Our speech-language pathologists offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment plans that may include:
- Improved functional communication skills and speech production
- Improved oral feeding and swallowing skills
- Improved memory and language or establishing compensatory strategies in these areas
Benefits of Outpatient Therapy at Lane
Progressive Clinical Programming
Our outpatient program utilizes the latest techniques and equipment, and provides specialized services for various disorders.
- Back pain
- Balance disorders
- Brain injury
- Cancer recovery
- Dry Needling
- Endurance deficits
- Fall Prevention
- Movement disorders
- Multiple traumas
- Neck pain
- Neurological disorders
- Orthopedic conditions
- Post-surgical conditions
- Spinal dysfunction
- Sports-related injuries
- Work injuries
Depend on Our Expertise
All we need is a prescription for therapy from your physician. We will verify your insurance and schedule your initial visit. Then our friendly staff will be happy to find therapy times that fit into your busy schedule.
Just call 225-658-4578 for more information or to get help with a physician referral
Frequently Asked Questions
Physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy are covered by most insurance providers. As a courtesy to our patients, we verify your benefits and bill your insurance at the time of service.
That varies, depending on the person and the diagnosis. Your therapist will give you a plan of treatment during your initial evaluation. We strive to partner with our patients to help you get better as quickly as possible.
Our goal is not to inflict pain on our patients, but sometimes changing range of motion, improving soft tissue health, and increasing muscle strength can be uncomfortable in the short term. By listening to our patients and tailoring treatments based on your needs, our goal is to improve your pain, not cause pain.
Yes, in fact it is encouraged! After meeting with your therapist, there will be a plan of care made to help you manage/decrease your symptoms and return to the things you love. During the sessions, a home program will be established so you can continue to improve in between treatment sessions. Our therapists are here to help you become more independent in your healing and are easy to reach if you have any questions about your home program.
We get that question a lot, but every diagnosis and every patient has a different prescription. Each patient has an individualized plan of care depending on their specific goals. However, we find that most patients will see a significant difference in 3-6 visits, and should potentially be meeting their goals in 4-6 weeks. Some patients need to see their therapist 2-3 times a week, others only need 1 visit per week.
During your initial evaluation, your therapist listens to your concerns and performs a thorough exam. The first session is a mix of talking, assessment, treatment, and establishing your home therapy program. Following sessions include hands-on treatment to improve symptoms as well as activities to reeducate your body. Each session is focused on you and your goals!
All of our therapists are highly experienced and educated. Each therapist has unique specialties and training, such as orthopedics, manual therapy, TMJ, dry needling, functional communication, swallowing, resistive breathing treatment, adaptive living and motor coordination.
Safety Precautions in Place for Lane Clinics
There is nothing more important than your health. Please know we are following state guidelines and taking every precaution when you come into a Lane clinic.
At all Lane clinics, we are committed to providing you safe, convenient and effective care. We encourage you to seek the healthcare services you may have been postponing.
Here a few EXTRA precautions we have in place for your safety, and the safety of those around you:
- Masks – Everyone is required to wear a mask when entering the clinic at this time, including patients, staff members, and providers. Please bring your mask with you when you come.
- Screening – All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms by phone prior to their appointment and again upon arrival. Staff members continue to be screened before work each day, wash their hands before and after every patient interaction, and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Disinfecting – We continue to disinfect the clinic throughout the day, especially in between patients. A deep cleaning of the entire clinic is done every evening.
- Social Distancing – Patients have the choice to wait inside the waiting room or in their vehicle. Waiting rooms are arranged to maximize social distancing with designated sick and well seating sections. Only well patients are allowed in common waiting areas for lab and x-ray. Sick patients will have labs drawn in their exam room, and/or will wait in their exam room until it’s time to be escorted to and from imaging for x-rays.
- Visitors – Patients are allowed to bring one visitor.
- Appointments – All Lane clinics are seeing patients in person. Tele-medicine appointments are also available from the comfort of your home.
CALL TO SCHEDULE YOUR IN-OFFICE OR TELE-MEDICINE APPOINTMENT TODAY.