Lane Cancer Center
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
Nothing is more important than your health.
If it's time for your annual check-up, or you just aren't feeling well and need medical attention, give us a call.
In-office and Tele-medicine appointments are available.
To request an appointment, call 225-658-4400.
For Emergencies, please call 911.
Baton Rouge Area Cancer Treatment
No one wants to hear the “C” word. Yet unfortunately, cancer affects hundreds of people in our community each year.
In our continuing efforts to address cancer care, Lane Regional Medical Center has partnered with Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center to provide enhanced care to Zachary-area patients requiring medical oncology services.
In one central location in the heart of Zachary, Lane Cancer Center offers medical office visits, chemotherapy, infusion services and radiation therapy.
The Lane Cancer Center is also building a network of vital cancer resources, including national clinical trials, prevention, education and early detection services, support groups for various types of cancer, and therapy activities including art, meditation, yoga, massage, walking, and pet therapy – all at no cost to patients or their families.
With easy parking, flexible scheduling, and a patient-friendly facility, Lane Cancer Center is making the fight against cancer a little easier.
Click any of the Lane Cancer Center service areas below to learn more:
Zachary Hematology Oncology
Medical oncologists Vince Cataldo, MD, Ryan Shows, MD, and Siva Yadlapati, MD, along with their staff of highly trained and experienced oncology infusion nurses, provide care in a space specially designed for the patient's comfort.
They specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of all cancers and blood disorders such as leukemia, lymphoma and anemia. Our patients rely on their expertise, compassionate care, and philosophy of hope and optimism to help make this time of uncertainty a little less frightening.
Regardless of your cancer type or treatment plan, Drs. Cataldo, Shows, and Yadlapati will:
- Explain your cancer diagnosis and stage
- Discuss all of your treatment options and recommend the best course of treatment for your specific case
- Deliver high-quality, compassionate care
- Help maintain your quality of life by managing cancer-related pain, symptoms and treatment side effects
Chemotherapy Cancer Treatments in Zachary
If you and your doctor decide that chemotherapy is the best course of treatment for your cancer, the chemotherapy drugs that you receive will be specific for your cancer and proven to be the most effective against your unique cancer.
When choosing the right chemo treatment, your doctor will consider the type of cancer, if it has spread, how it affects your body, and your general health. Nearly all cancer therapies use chemotherapy as a form of treatment.
Chemotherapy, also known as chemo, is the use of drugs or other chemical substances to treat cancer. It is one of a number of cancer treatment options at Lane Cancer Center and is often used in conjunction with cancer surgery or radiation therapy.
Chemo also refers to the types of drugs that are used to treat cancer. These drugs can include hormones that affect cancer cells, anti-cancer drugs to kill cancer cells directly, or biological agents that improve your immune system to fight cancer.
Chemo can be used to:
- Control the spread of cancer
- Cure cancer
- Destroy cancer cells that remain after surgery
- Reduce cancer symptoms
- Shrink a tumor before cancer surgery
Zachary Radiation Oncology
With a shared commitment to serve the needs of the region, Lane Regional Medical Center and Baton Rouge General Medical Center have partnered to open the $4.5 million state-of-the-art Radiation Oncology Center at Lane Cancer Center.
Together, our physicians bring the strength of a nationally recognized comprehensive cancer program and cancer treatment experts to serve our patients
Having convenient access to high-quality cancer care can help ease the challenges of treatment and recovery. You can now rely on:
- A convenient location
- Flexible scheduling
- Experienced caregivers
- Multidisciplinary care
- Recognized physician experts
Cancer Screening & Prevention
Cancer Screening and Prevention in Zachary
Lane is committed to educating patients on the methods available for cancer screening and early detection. Although you cannot always prevent cancer, early detection is often critical to your long-term survival and health.
There are screening tests available for some cancer types. While not all cancers can be detected early, some can be, which can save your life.
Lane Cancer Center follows the American Cancer Society’s screening guidelines and offers information and screening for the following cancer types:
If you are concerned about your cancer risk, contact your primary care physician who can make additional recommendations for your specific concerns.
Guidelines for early cancer detection in individuals without symptoms have been determined by the American Cancer Society and the National Cancer Institute. We encourage you to visit cancer.org and cancer.gov for more information.
Preparing for Your Cancer Treatment Appointment
For your first appointment, there are several documents that you will be asked to bring. These can include:
- Previous health records
- List of all current medications (including how often each is taken and the dosage amounts)
- List of all your physicians and their contact information
- Insurance cards
- Driver's license
We understand that each appointment may bring new topics that need to be discussed with your doctor. In order to make the most of your appointment time and to prevent things from being overlooked, we suggest keeping a list of all questions that you would like to ask, along with a notebook to record your own notes.
Baton Rouge Cancer Treatment Videos
Safety Precautions in Place for Lane Clinics
There is nothing more important than your health. Please know we are following state guidelines and taking every precaution when you come into a Lane clinic.
At all Lane clinics, we are committed to providing you safe, convenient and effective care. We encourage you to seek the healthcare services you may have been postponing.
Here a few EXTRA precautions we have in place for your safety, and the safety of those around you:
- Masks – Everyone is required to wear a mask when entering the clinic at this time, including patients, staff members, and providers. Please bring your mask with you when you come.
- Screening – All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms by phone prior to their appointment and again upon arrival. Staff members continue to be screened before work each day, wash their hands before and after every patient interaction, and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Disinfecting – We continue to disinfect the clinic throughout the day, especially in between patients. A deep cleaning of the entire clinic is done every evening.
- Social Distancing – Patients have the choice to wait inside the waiting room or in their vehicle. Waiting rooms are arranged to maximize social distancing with designated sick and well seating sections. Only well patients are allowed in common waiting areas for lab and x-ray. Sick patients will have labs drawn in their exam room, and/or will wait in their exam room until it’s time to be escorted to and from imaging for x-rays.
- Visitors – Patients are allowed to bring one visitor.
- Appointments – All Lane clinics are seeing patients in person. Tele-medicine appointments are also available from the comfort of your home.
CALL TO SCHEDULE YOUR IN-OFFICE OR TELE-MEDICINE APPOINTMENT TODAY.