- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup skim milk (optional)
- 3 spears asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the asparagus, mushrooms and onions; cook and stir until the asparagus is fairly soft, about 4 minutes.
- Whisk together the egg whites, egg and milk in a small bowl; pour over the sauteed vegetables and reduce the heat to medium.
- While the omelet cooks, lift the edge to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath. When most of the egg is cooked, sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Allow the cheese to melt slightly, then fold in half and serve.