Serving size: about 1 cup
Per serving: 152 calories; 10 g fat(3 g sat); 3 g fiber; 10 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 90 mcg folate; 7 mg cholesterol; 5 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 99 IU vitamin A; 75 mg vitamin C; 163 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 362 mg sodium; 519 mg potassium
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
- 8 cups 1-inch-thick slices cauliflower florets, (about 1 large head)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- Toss cauliflower, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until starting to soften and brown on the bottom, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Toss the cauliflower with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and any moisture has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- To prepare florets from a whole head of cauliflower, remove outer leaves. Slice off the thick stem. With the head upside down and holding a knife at a 45° angle, slice into the smaller stems with a circular motion—removing a “plug” from the center of the head. Break or cut florets into the desired size.