Renal Associates of Baton Rouge, LLC
Is the largest Nephrology practice in the Greater Baton Rouge region.
Our specialties include:
Is the study of the function and diseases of the kidney and related organs
We help individuals who have blood pressure readings that are chronically above the normal range.
Management of Co-Morbidities in Chronic Kidney Disease
We diagnose and treat the anemia associated with chronic kidney disease. Treatment of this problem can improve quality of life and appears to have a cardiovascular benefits. Patients with chronic kidney disease also are at risk for bone disease called secondary hyperparathyroidism, which is also managed by our providers.
Renal Associates' providers also manage disturbances in the body's ability to properly handle sodium, potassium calcium, and magnesium.
Hemodialysis & Peritoneal Dialysis
Renal Associates' providers manage the care of patients receiving hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis treatments, servicing over 20 outpatient units.
Chronic Kidney Disease Patient Education Program
The purpose of the CKD Education Program is to positively impact the lives of individuals diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease through education, skill building, and psychosocial support. Participants are taught how to live healthier lifestyles to promote kidney health. They also learn to participate in their plan of care and have more meaningful interactions with their physicians.
Kidney Care Education Classes:
- Teach participants how to preserve kidney function through making good lifestyle choices
- Encourage proactive participation in a plan of care
- Are conducted in an environment that is informal and personal
- Teach participants how to read and understand lab results, as well as how diet affects the results
- Teach participants tools to facilitate meaningful conversations with a health care provider
- Explain treatment plans for Chronic Kidney Disease, Hypertension, Anemia, and Bone Disease
- Explain the treatment options for End Stage Renal Disease
- Provide an opportunity to meet with a Renal Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetic Educator
Kidney Care Education Classes are held weekly. They are free of charge and open to patients, caregivers, and those at risk for Chronic Kidney Disease. Each class is one and one half hours in length. Individual education consults are also available by request.
Renal Nutrition Class or individual dietary consults are also available upon physician referral. Nutrition services are not free.