Lane Endoscopy Center
Baton Rouge Area Endoscopy
Did you know that nearly 70 percent of the body's immune system is located within the digestive system? There are very few parts of the body that weigh so heavily in our overall health. This is why it is so crucial to immediately address gastrointestinal concerns and seek treatment for any conditions. Doing so can have an incredibly profound impact on how you feel, function and even look.
The Lane Endoscopy Center is about people. We understand the apprehension, discomfort, and even occasional fear that can come from endoscopy procedures, and our goal is to bring a family atmosphere and personal touch along with the most advanced digestive evaluations and procedures in the area. You should never have to choose between a staff that is either caring or the most qualified. At Lane, you'll get both.
Lane Endoscopy Services
Lane Regional Medical Center is proud to offer the very best gastroenterology care in the region. Our services include:
- Diagnosis and care for common GI conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux and peptic ulcers
- Preventative colonoscopies to identify precancerous polyps
- Upper GI endoscopies for early detection of diseases affecting the esophagus, stomach and small intestine
- Lower endoscopies to identify conditions such as gastritis, colitis, diverticulosis, hiatal hernias and hemorrhoids
Lane Endoscopy Technology & Amenities
We strive to deliver the very best care!
We have four state-of-the-art endoscopy rooms with the most sophisticated equipment on the market, including the PENTAX i-PLATFORM high-definition imaging scopes and computer-based processor.
The enhanced colors and contrasts of the images are incredible. These high-definition scopes have shown a 40 percent detection-rate increase of colonic polyps and a 63 percent detection-rate increase of adenomas over standard definition scopes.
Very few facilities have this level of equipment. Fortunately for our neighbors and community, Lane is the only hospital in the area that does.
At Lane Endoscopy Center, we perform:
- Routine preventive procedures, such as colonoscopy screenings to look for precancerous polyps in the colon
- Upper GI screenings for early detection related to the esophagus, stomach and small intestine
- Diagnostic procedures related to abdominal pain, heartburn and bloody stool usually caused by ulcers, gastritis, colitis, diverticulosis, hiatal hernias and hemorrhoids
We also have:
- An exclusive waiting room for family members and friends
- 12 patient care areas
- A minor procedure room for inserting intravenous devices, feeding tubes and drainage tubes
Why Choose Lane Endscopy Center?
As is the case with every aspect of Lane Regional Medical Center, we strive for the best in our digestive health care offerings, from quality and technology to comfort levels and compassion of our team members. We pride ourselves on being able to provide it all. We understand that any medical appointment can represent a period of stress and uncertainty, especially when a procedure is involved. Our ultimate goal is to alleviate as much of that as possible, while providing the level of care that our community has come to rely on from Lane.
For more details about our digestive health services, please call (225) 658-4522. For a physician referral, please call (225) 658-4587.
Colon Cancer Screening & Diagnosis
The Symptoms of Colon Cancer
Colon cancer is the second-leading cancer in the U.S., largely because it often causes no discernable symptoms. Fortunately, this particular form of cancer is also among the most preventable given proper precautions. With early detection and removal of precancerous polyps, over 90 percent of cases can be avoided.
Why Should Everyone Age 50 and Older be Screened?
Colon cancer is preventable. It is most often found in people over 50, and the risk increases with age for both men and women. Your risk for colon cancer may be higher than average if a close relative had polyps or colon cancer or if you have inflammatory bowel disease.
Symptoms of polyps or colon cancer may include:
- Blood in your stool
- Stomach pain or cramps that happen a lot and you don't know why
- A change in bowel habits
- Unexplained weight loss
Schedule a Screening Today!
Ask your primary care physician to schedule a colon cancer screening today – it is a painless test that is performed under sedation and is covered by all major insurances.
Ask that it be performed at the Lane Endoscopy Center, conveniently located on the third floor of the Lane Medical Plaza & Outpatient Diagnostic Center, 6550 Main Street, in Zachary.
For a personal tour or more details, please call (225) 658-4522. For a physician referral, please call (225) 658-4587.