Lane Regional Medical Center is a not-for-profit hospital that serves a three-parish area of more than 100,000 people. At Lane, we invest our resources in state-of-the-art technology, innovative equipment, quality medical professionals and a first-class medical community of physicians.
The Lane Foundation was established to support and facilitate the growth of the Medical Center. It is governed by a board of directors from all backgrounds and professions with expertise in community service.
Each year, the Foundation hosts the Code Red Chili Cook-off, a family-friendly event that attracts dozens of chili chefs and thousands of chili tasters from throughout the region. Other fundraising events, such as the Gala, Golf Tournament, and Superior Ford Drive 4 Ur Community help to build and sustain healthcare excellence in our region for future generations.
Gifts, memorials, honorariums and other expressions of gratitude are welcomed and appreciated. No gift is too small or too large, and all donations are tax deductible as allowed by law. For more information on how you or your business can support the Lane Foundation, call (225) 658-6699, or email email@example.com or
Get your recipes ready and put them to the test by entering the 9th Annual Code Red Chili & Salsa Cook-off. This community event offers you the chance to show off your talents and compete for the title of BEST CHILI & BEST SALSA in the community!
- ALL TEAMS MUST NAME A HEAD COOK. If you are entering more than one category, you can have a separate head cook for each competition, but not necessary.
- This community event is open to ALL AGES, amateurs and professionals. Teams with the head cook younger than 18 need to have at least one adult over the age of 18 as part of their team for supervision.
- There are FIVE SEPARATE COMPETITIONS you may enter for the COOK-OFF. Each has it’s own guidelines. It is important to read all rules for each category. Some require your entry to be prepared for and cooked on-site only. Some can be prepared/cooked ahead of time. Deviating from the rules could disqualify you from a category in which you wish to compete.
- ALL COOKING TEAMS MUST PRE-REGISTER and pay entry fees by March 1, 2024.
- Feel free to contact ANY of our committee members with any questions or to enter!
Learn more by downloading the packet below: