Serving size: ¼ cup each
Per serving: 86 calories; 5 g fat(2 g sat); 0 g fiber; 2 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 7 mcg folate; 33 mg cholesterol; 1 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 213 IU vitamin A; 2 mg vitamin C; 32 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 184 mg sodium; 156 mg potassium
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- Sliced scallions for garnish
- Combine broth, onion and jalapeño in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Place chicken on top.
- Cover and cook on High for 2½ hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred with 2 forks. Cover to keep warm.
- Drain the liquid from the slow cooker.
- Whisk cream cheese, ¼ cup blue cheese and hot sauce into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until hot, about 20 minutes.
- Stir the chicken into the cream cheese mixture. Top with scallions and more blue cheese, if desired.
- Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks and tortilla chips for dipping
From: EatingWell.com, January 2017