Whole grain bread, apples and cinnamon make a sweet dessert that is healthy too. Serve warm and enjoy with a glass of skim or low-fat milk!
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories 131, Total Fat 1.2g, Saturated Fat 0.3g, Trans Fat 0.0g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g, Cholesterol 32mg, Sodium 154mg, Carbohydrates 26g, Fiber 5g, Sugars 16g, Protein 5g
- Cooking spray
- 1 whole egg PLUS
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves or allspice
- 6 slices light, whole-grain or multigrain bread, cubed
- 3 medium apples, cored, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- (Optional): 1/2 cup of any one of the following: raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or dried blueberries, chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Spray 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together egg, egg white, milk, sugar blend, vanilla, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add bread and apple cubes. Add fruit or nuts if desired. Mix well.
- Pour mixture in to prepared baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.