Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: Calories 173, Total Fat 5.5g, Saturated Fat 1.0g, Trans Fat 0.0g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1.0g, Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g, Cholesterol 73mg, Sodium 282mg, Carbohydrates 5g, Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g, Protein 25g
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil, extra virgin preferred
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each), all visible fat discarded
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into slices 1/4 inch wide
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut crosswise into 4 rings
- 1/4 small eggplant (about 4 ounces), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- In a small bowl, stir together the basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Transfer 1 teaspoon of the mixture to a large shallow dish. Reserve the remaining mixture.
- Stir the lemon zest, lemon juice and oil into the basil mixture in the shallow dish.
- Dip the chicken in the mixture, turning to coat. Transfer to a large plate. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes to 8 hours.
- Preheat the grill on medium high.
- Put the zucchini, bell pepper and eggplant on a flat surface. Lightly spray both sides of the vegetables with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle both sides with the reserved basil mixture. Using your fingertips, gently press the mixture so it adheres to the vegetables.
- Grill the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center.
- After grilling the chicken on one side, put the zucchini, bell pepper, and eggplant on the grill. Grill the vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- Serve the chicken with the vegetables on the side.
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women movement. Recipe copyright © 2016 by the American Heart Association.