Visitor Policy - Updated July 21, 2021
As we respond to a new surge of COVID-19, patient and team member safety remain our highest priority.
To ensure the safety of our hospital and community while remaining empathetic to the needs of our patients and families, we will revert back to a single entrance for patients and visitors through the Emergency Department.
- Each non-COVID-19 patient will be allowed a maximum of 1 visitor a day who is allowed to spend the night with the patient if desired. No rotating of visitors will be allowed.
- One visitor is allowed to visit patients being treated for COVID-19 during regular visiting hours - No overnight stays and no rotating of visitors will be allowed.
Visiting Hours: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Patient Rooms
8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Labor & Delivery / Recovery & Postpartum
All visitors will continue to be screened daily for symptoms, including:
- History of positive COVID-19 diagnosis within the last 10 days
Exposure to a positive COVID-19 person within the last 14 days
- Fever greater than or equal to 100°F
- Loss of smell/taste
Screeners will be logging and screening visitors entering the facility.
If a visitor says “YES” to any of the screening symptoms or have fever at screening area, they will not be allowed entry into the facility.
With the well-being and protection of our team, patients, and community in mind, we will require all employees, visitors, and patients to adhere to the below safety measures:
- Wear a mask
- Practice social distancing
- Practice consistent hand hygiene
- Visitors must wear a mask when caregivers enter room or when entering or leaving the building
Visitors will not be allowed to rotate throughout the day during visitation hours. One visitor may stay overnight with non-Covid-19 patients.
- Inpatient Units: One visitor will be allowed per patient during designated visiting hours.
- Critical Care Units: One visitor will be allowed per patient during designated visiting hours.
- Labor & Delivery: Two visitors are allowed per patient during designated visiting hours.
- Children Visitors: No children under age 18 unless here for a procedure or end of life visitation.
- Persons Under Investigation (PUI) or confirmed COVID-19 patients:
- One visitor during regular visiting hours, except for end of life
- The visitor must wear the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) for the duration of the visit, including a mask and remain in the room at all times.
- Emergency Department: One visitor per day. Visitor is allowed to stay all day, not restricted to visitation hours. Visitor is not allowed to swap out. Must be over 18 years of age.
- Surgery and Procedures: Patients undergoing surgery or being admitted to the hospital may have 1 designated visitor pre-procedure, and if admitted, visitors must follow the visitation guidelines.
- Outpatient Services/Appointments: Patients may have 1 visitor to accompany them during their service/appointment, not limited to visitation hours.
- Vendors/Referrals: Will be allowed for direct patient care activities.
- Gift shop or Cafeteria: Closed to the general public.
- Retail pharmacy: No customers allowed. Please call 658-6770 to fill a prescription, and a representative will deliver it to you at the ER entrance. Hours 8am-4pm
- Billing: No customers allowed. Please call 844-620-8131 for assistance. To make a payment in person, call 658-4343 and a representative will meet you at the ER entrance.
- Medical Records: No customers allowed. Please call 658-4311 for assistance.
Exceptions to the Visitor Policy outside of Regular Visiting Hours:
- End of Life*: A maximum of 2 visitors per patient, rotating if necessary. Remaining family waiting to see patient will be asked to wait outside or in their vehicle. Clergy will be allowed for end of life situations.
*End of life is defined as anticipated death with an active do-not-resuscitate (DNR) order in place and/or planned withdrawal of life-sustaining interventions (e.g., ventilator).