Update September 21, 2020 - Phase 3, Visitor Policy
As we continue to respond to COVID-19, patient and team member safety remain our highest priority.
To ensure the safety of our hospital and community while remaining empathetic to the needs of our patients and families, we are again adjusting our visitor policies as Louisiana moves to Phase 3 of reopening.
We will continue with the single entrance for visitors through the Emergency Department while increasing the number of visitors allowed for non-COVID-19 patients:
Patient Visitation: Visitors will be allowed to rotate throughout the day:
- Inpatient Units - Two visitors will be allowed during normal visiting hours. One is allowed to spend the night with the patient if desired, and visitors will be allowed to rotate throughout visiting hours.
- Critical Care Units - Two visitors will be allowed during normal visiting hours.
- Labor & Delivery - Four visitors are allowed per patient during normal visiting hours.
- Children Visitors: No children under age 18 unless here for a procedure or end of life visitation.
- Persons Under Investigation (PUI) or confirmed positive COVID-19 patients:
- No visitors, except for end of life*.
- If a visitor is allowed under the outlined exceptions, the visitor must wear the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) for the duration of the visit, including a mask.
- Emergency Department: One visitor per day. Visitor is allowed to stay all day, not restricted to visitation hours. Visitor is not allowed to swap out. Must be over 18 years of age.
- Surgery and Procedures: Patients undergoing surgery or being admitted to the hospital may have 1 designated visitor pre-procedure, and if admitted, visitors must follow the visitation guidelines.
- Outpatient Services/Appointments: Patients may have 1 visitor to accompany them during their service/appointment, not limited to visitation hours.
Visiting Hours will remain the same:
- 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Patient Rooms
- 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Labor & Delivery/Recovery & Postpartum
Vendors/Referrals: Vendors will be allowed for direct patient care activities.
Retail Pharmacy/Billing/Medical Records: Customers are allowed.
Exceptions to the Visitor Policy Outside of Regular Visiting Hours:
- End of Life: Patients admitted for end of life evaluation and treatment, or patients being evaluated for and/or receiving hospice care, including PUIs and COVID-19 positive patients, may have two visitors and may rotate. Clergy will be allowed for end of life situations.
- *End of life is defined as anticipated death with an active do-not-resuscitate (DNR) order in place and/or planned withdrawal of life-sustaining interventions (e.g., ventilator).
All visitors will continue to be screened daily for symptoms, including:
- History of positive COVID diagnosis within the last 10 days
- Exposure to a positive COVID person within the last 10 days
- Fever greater than or equal to 4°F
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Congestion that differs from their typical seasonal allergies
- Body aches
- Loss of smell/taste
Security officers will be logging and screening visitors entering the facility. If a visitor says “YES” to any of the screening symptoms, they will not be allowed entry into the facility.
With the well-being and protection of our team, patients, and community in mind, we will require all employees, visitors, and patients to adhere to the following safety measures:
- Wear a mask
- Practice social distancing
- Practice consistent hand hygiene
- Visitors must wear a mask when caregivers enter room or when entering or leaving the building