Lane Regional Medical Center will host a FREE Education Seminar on Thursday, August 17 from 8:30-11:30 a.m. OR 5:30-8:30 p.m. Each session will be held in the Staff Development Conference Room at Lane, 6300 Main Street, in Zachary.
This is an informative presentation to provide clergymen, clinicians, social workers, counselors, educators and employers with the tools needed to help those suffering from the brain disease of addiction, the third leading cause of death in the U.S.
Topics will include:
- Is addiction morally or ethically wrong?
- How to recognize the not so obvious signs and symptoms
- A genetic overview of what changes occur in an addict’s brain
- 3 models of addressing addiction: medical, psychological, shame
- Codependency and enabling, is it all in the family?
- Treatment options and the recovery process
- Post treatment recommendations
- The right things and the wrong things to say and do
- How to utilize counseling most effectively
Reservations are required and space is limited. Please reserve your seat by contacting Delores Sutton at 225-658-4587 or dsutton@LaneRMC.org