Surgical procedures require planning, timing, and preparation. Ensuring that you have all of the support, care, and resources necessary lined up can make recovery a smooth, safe, and healthy one. However, this can be difficult to achieve on your own, or even with the help of family and friends. This is where home health services provided by health care professionals can be a great benefit. With the type of support provided by a variety of nurses, therapists, and aides, lengthy, expensive hospital stays can be avoided. Furthermore, these services can be leveraged before surgery in order to prepare you for the best possible outcome.
What Home Health Services are Provided by Lane Regional Medical Center?
Lane Home Health in Zachary, Louisiana offers a wide array of home health services. These services are designed for both pre and post operation needs as determined by your doctor, and they are administered by experienced, expert nurses, therapists, aides, and other health professionals. These services include:
- IV Therapy – IV or infusion therapy can be administered at your home. This service involves the intravenous or subcutaneous delivery of drugs and other medications and fluids.
- Pain Management – Addressing pain before and after surgery can be a service that is managed through home health. From pain medication to physical and occupational therapy, and other manipulations, pain can be significantly reduced.
- Wound Care/Wound Vac – Wound care and wound vac therapy can aid in the healing and closure of a wound. This is a common application used after surgery to create a negative pressure environment around the wound or incision. The vac draws fluid away from the area and increases blood flow.
- Physical/Speech/Occupational Therapy – Depending on the severity of your injury or condition, and the corresponding impact of your surgery, physical, speech, or occupational therapy may be required to enhance your recovery. These services can be performed from the comfort of your home.
- Catheter Care – Urinary catheterization is commonly used for patients who have completed surgery. It is important while a catheter is being used that it is clean, sanitary, and cared for. This is done routinely during hospital stays, and the same service can be done for patients at home.
- Aftercare Following Orthopedic Surgeries – After patients go through an orthopedic operation, it is important that they receive proper care in order to fully heal. In the weeks and months after surgery it can be difficult and painful to move and complete certain tasks. With orthopedic aftercare, you can safely rehab and heal from home.
How Do You Qualify for Home Health Care Services in Zachary?
In order to quality for home health services there are a few conditions that need to be met. First and foremost, you must have a medical condition that requires these skilled services. These services need to be ordered by a physician and be appropriate for being provided on an intermittent basis. Lastly, in order to qualify for home health services, leaving your home has to cause a considerable and taxing effort.
For over 35 years, Lane Home Health has been offering exceptional care to patients in their homes.