Lane Cardiovascular Center
Heart Care You Can Count On
Care. One simple word says so much. But when referring to heart care, there is an entirely new level of meaning, a new level of importance.
It begins with human touch – the friendly, compassionate, personal attention that makes every patient feel like the only patient.
It continues with commitment – from a team of world-class physicians, skilled nurses and experienced staff members.
It's an investment – in the latest and greatest technology and science, featuring the most advanced tools and equipment, brand new state-of-the-art facilities, and expertly trained emergency response and cardiac intervention teams.
It's never ending – because our team shares a common purpose: providing the highest quality of heart care available to every single patient in need.
Cardiovascular Institute of the South
When Lane reached the decision to provide exceptional heart care to our community and the surrounding regions, we knew that doing so would require partnering with the best of the best. Our team needed to find a group of physicians that were equally as passionate as our own about heart health, who were immensely qualified, and compassionate. For each of these reasons, it became clear that Cardiovascular Institute of the South was that partner.
Cardiovascular Institute of the South is among the nation’s most respected and skilled groups of cardiologists, and we are proud to have them at Lane Regional Medical Center.
What Does Lane Cardiovascular Center Provide?
- 24-hour emergency care staffed by emergency medicine specialists, interventional cardiologists and certified cardiovascular professionals.
Pre-Risk Assessments and Diagnostic Services:
- Stress Test
- Vascular Ultrasound
- 80 Slice CT (Computed Tomography)
- Holter Monitors
- Nuclear Medicine Studies
- Arterial-Venous Dopplers – Lower/Upper Extremities
- Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Screening
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) Screening
- Tilt Table Testing
Cath Lab Procedures:
- Diagnostic Cardiac and Peripheral Catheterizations
- Angioplasty (PTCA)
- Rotoblator for Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD
- Stent Placement
- Opening Blocked Coronary Arteries
- Removal of Artery Plaque
- (IVUS) Intravascular Ultrasound
- Insertion of Pacemakers
- Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD)
- Carotid Angiograms
- Carotid Stenting
- IVC Filter Placement
- Loop Recorder Placement
- Transesophageal Echo (TEE)
- V Tach Studies
Peripheral Vascular Studies:
- Interventional Cardiologists
- Vascular surgery
- Interventional radiology
Therapeutic & Wellness Services:
- Diabetes Management
- Wound Care
- Nutritional Counseling
- Preventative Heart Health Screenings
- Good Health Education Programs
- Smoking Cessation
- Comprehensive Program
- Physician Evaluations
- Prescription Medications
- Supportive Counseling Sessions
- Call 1-877-288-0011 or click here to learn more
- Venaseal Closure System
- Eliminates Risk of Nerve Injury
- Eliminates Multiple Needle Sticks and Bruising
- Click here to learn more about this and other vein treatment options.
New Procedure Benefits Patients
At Lane Regional Medical Center we perform 98% of our heart caths through the wrist, making Lane the only facility in the region with this incredible technology and level of physician expertise and experience. This procedure has revolutionized the process of receiving a heart cath, making it not only safer but also more comfortable.
If you are having a heart catheterization, ask your cardiologist if you are a candidate for a transradial catheterization through the wrist instead of the groin.
Benefits of transradial access through the wrist instead of the groin include:
- Much less pain and discomfort
- Virtually no bleeding complications
- No worry about blood thinners
- Significantly faster recovery time
- Quicker mobility (no need to lie flat for 4-6 hours)
- Earlier discharge (most go home the same day)
Fun Facts About Lane Cardiovascular Center
- Lane has been in partnership with Cardiovascular Institute of the South and providing world-class cardiovascular care since 2006.
- The Lane Cardiovascular Center opened in August 2008.
- The cath lab's life-saving door-to-balloon time averages 35-45 minutes, whereas the national average is 60-90 minutes. (This is a quality measure indicating the amount of time between a heart attack patient's arrival at the ER to the time that patient's blocked artery is reopened in the cath lab.)
- On Sept 6, 2015, Virginia Bozeman was recognized as the 10,000th patient to have a heart procedure at Lane.
- Due to increased volume of heart catheter and pacemaker procedures, a second cath lab was added in Sept 2015.
- Lane is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center with PCI designation, an international recognition for higher levels of expertise in excellence in quality, cost and patient satisfaction. It is also a Certified Carotid Stenting Facility.
- Lane provides the most advanced technologies in the entire region, including:
- Transradial heart caths performed through the wrist instead of femoral access through the groin in approximately 98% of patients
- Impella, the world's smallest heart pump, relieves the heart's pumping function and provides the time needed to initiate life-saving interventions
- S-ICD® System, the world's first and only defibrillator that is implanted under the skin for the treatment of patients at risk for sudden cardiac arrest
- An 80-slice CT scanner provides 3D images of the heart and major vessels of the body
- Use of Intravascular Ultrasound to actually see inside of arteries and veins