Cardiovascular Institute of the South (CIS) recently celebrated 15 years of providing comprehensive cardiovascular care in Zachary.
Since then, more than 20,000 procedures have since been performed, 450+ patients have been treated for heart attacks, and a new state-of-the-art catheterization laboratory is set to be installed at Lane in November of this year.
In the past 15 years, the team has brought many firsts and achievements to Zachary including:
- The first angioplasty in Zachary in 2007
- Opening of the Lane Regional Cardiovascular Center in 2008
- Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year in 2009
- Cycle IV Chest Pain Center Accreditation in 2020
- Comprehensive radial access with over 95% of heart procedures done through the wrist
- First use of devices and procedures such as: orbital atherectomy, side branch stent, subcutaneous ICD implantation, recanalization catheter, optical coherence tomography catheter, left ventricular assist device, ioconvertible inferior vena cava (IVC) filter, and the lithotripsy balloon
“We use the latest guidelines, standards, and equipment to provide the most advanced care, and it has always been our priority to meet the individualized needs of each patient.” explained Dr. Deepak Thekkoott, interventional cardiologist at CIS. “We love caring for patients in this community and look forward to many years ahead.”
CIS cardiologists are experts in treatment of cardiovascular disease, peripheral vascular disease and venous disease in the legs. They specialize in coronary intervention, pacemaker and defibrillator management, cardiac ablation, and in-clinic vein treatment. CIS also offers a variety of diagnostic services including nuclear, ultrasound and stress testing.
To schedule an appointment, please call 225-654-1559.