Who’s ready to make some adorably cute Halloween eats? These stuffed peppers aren’t necessarily hiding peppers but it’s a fun way to get those veggies into those picky eaters diets.
- 6 bell peppers, any color
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Lightly mix together the ground beef, egg, bread cubes, onion, tomato, garlic, chili sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Wash the peppers, and cut jack-o’-lantern faces into the peppers with a sharp paring knife or an extra small vegetable carving knife, making triangle eyes and noses, and pointy-teeth smiles.
- Slice off the tops of the peppers, and scoop out the seeds and cores.
- Stuff the peppers lightly with the beef stuffing, and place them into the prepared baking dish so they lean against each other.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender and the stuffing is cooked through and juicy, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 266 calories; 11.3 g fat; 23.3 g carbohydrates; 18.6 g protein; 78 mg cholesterol; 752 mg sodium.