Cajun Pasta Fresca
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 1 pound vermicelli pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 13 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- While the pasta water is boiling, in a large skillet over medium heat, briefly sauté garlic in oil. Stir in tomatoes and their juice and sprinkle with salt. When tomatoes are bubbly, mash slightly with a fork. Stir in parsley, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Toss hot pasta with tomato sauce, Cajun seasoning, mozzarella and Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts: Per Serving: 294 calories; 7.5 g fat; 46.2 g carbohydrates; 12.2 g protein; 9 mg cholesterol; 1178 mg sodium.