A flavorful chicken and asparagus dish with a hollandaise-inspired flavor and a little crunch from the Panko bread crumbs. Quick and easy to prepare.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Grease a baking dish. In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, tarragon, salt, and pepper until the mixture is well combined. Set aside.
- Cook asparagus in the microwave on High until bright green and just tender, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Set the asparagus spears aside. Place a chicken breast between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the chicken breast with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Repeat with the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Place 1 slice of provolone on each chicken breast, and top the cheese with 4 asparagus spears per breast. Roll the chicken breasts around the asparagus and cheese, making a tidy package, and place, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish. With a pastry brush, apply a coating of the mayonnaise mixture to each chicken breast, and sprinkle each with panko crumbs, pressing the crumbs into the chicken to make a coating.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crumbs are browned and the chicken juices run clear, about 25 minutes.
Tip: Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Nutrition Facts: Per Serving: 530 calories; 33.3 g fat; 28.8 g carbohydrates; 36.8 g protein; 97 mg cholesterol; 1170 mg sodium.