This easy Fish Florentine recipe, made with a pan seared firm white fish served on a creamy bed of spinach feels like something you would order out in a fancy restaurant!
PREP TIME: 5 minutes; COOK TIME: 15 minutes; TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- 4 - 5 ounces thick pieces of skinless white firm fish fillet (such as grouper, bass or halibut)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 9 ounces fresh baby spinach, from two bags
- 2 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup half & half cream
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt
- fresh black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon of butter, red bell pepper and garlic. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add spinach. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix until the spinach wilts down.
- Add cream cheese, half & half and parmesan cheese. Mix well until cream cheese is melted and resembles creamed spinach.
- Heat a separate skillet on medium high heat. Add remaining oil and butter.
- Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper and place on the hot pan.
- Cook fish 6 minutes on first side, then flip fish over and cook other side an additional 5 minutes, until cooked through and browned.
- Divide the spinach mixture on the bottom of each plate and top with piece of fish.
Serving: 1 fish filet with scant 1/2 cup spinach,
Calories: 351, Carbohydrates: 6g, Protein: 43g, Fat: 16.5g, Saturated Fat: 6.5g, Cholesterol: 78mg, Sodium: 300mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g