Don’t miss a chance to be a part of one of the best family-friendly events in the area, the 7th annual Code Red Chili Cook-off and Salsa Competition!
Event attendees will sample some of the best chili and salsa around while teams compete for prizes on Saturday, May 21st, from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., at the Historic Village in Downtown Zachary. Admission and parking are FREE. Tasting bands are $15 each for unlimited chili and salsa tasting and you can vote on your favorites in the People’s Choice Competition. Voting tickets sold on site. Chairs and blankets welcome.
TONS OF FUN DURING THE DAY:
- Arts & Crafts Market
- Live music from Curley Taylor & the Zydeco Trouble, Blue Crab Redemption, & MORE!
- Kids Zone with face painting, duck pond, crafts, & games.
- Grow Your Own Pepper Plant with LSU Ag Center.
- Sweet Shop with cotton candy, pralines, cookies, and baked goods.
- Enjoy Chili, Salsa, Hot dogs, Cokes, Adult Beverages, and MUCH MORE!
Proceeds benefit the Lane Foundation and stay in your community. The 2022 Code Red Chili Cook-off and Salsa Competition sponsors include Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, Landmark Bank, Savista, Charlet Funeral Home, Cypress Title-Zachary, Bank of Zachary, Cardiovascular Institute of the South, Handcock Whitney, John Hendry Insurance, Ozark Insurance, Pampered Pooch by Julie, Superior Ford of Zachary, and AJ Gallagher.
There's still time to bring the heat! Amateurs and professionals of ALL AGES are welcome. To enter the chili and salsa competitions, please contact one of these Planning Committee Members today for a team entry packet or visit www.LaneRMC.org/chili-cook-off
- Mary Landry: 225-921-0152
- Jennifer Boyd: 225-921-9485
- Scott Masterson: 225-268-8623