Cardiovascular Institute of the South (CIS) is the first in the Baton Rouge region to offer cardiac positron emission tomography (PET) scanning at the CIS Zachary clinic located at 6550 Main Street. Ms. Queenola Brooks was the first patient to have the cardiac PET scan at CIS.
This advanced cardiac testing offers clearer and sharper imaging to allow physicians an improved tool for accurate patient diagnosis and the selection of the most appropriate treatment options.
Other benefits of PET scan include:
- Faster than a traditional nuclear scan
- Decreased radiation exposure
- Increased sensitivity to limited blood flow
- Increased sensitivity for those with large body mass
- Less interference from soft tissue
To make an appointment at CIS, please call 654-1559.
Pictured L-R: Dr. Deepak Thekkoott, Patient Queenola Brooks, Dr. Charles Thompson, Ashton Canella,, JP Fontenot, and Tyra LeBoeuf.