It is with great pride that I celebrate my 9th anniversary as CEO of Lane. We have had our share of growing pains along the way, with the end result being the progressive, regional facility we are today.
Here are some of our most recent updates and investments for your comfort and care:
* The Lane Infusion Center is now open, providing all types of outpatient intravenous infusions and therapies that previously had to be administered and supervised in the hospital or in Baton Rouge. It is located on the third floor of the Lane Medical Plaza & Outpatient Diagnostic Center.
* The new Labor & Delivery wing on the second floor is also open. We converted five previous special procedure rooms into four spacious post-partum rooms since the hospital now delivers between 400 and 500 babies per year.
* The renovation of 67 patient rooms on our medical and surgical units is almost complete. Each room is being completely modernized from floor to ceiling, including full bathroom remodels. The work should be finished very soon.
* The Cafeteria renovation is now complete. The space has been reconfigured to maximize efficiency and food choices. New ceramic tile floors and lighting have been installed and new tables, chairs and booths bring added style and comfort.
To better serve the area, we have recruited seven new physicians:
* Dr. Stephen Jones at Lane Family Practice & Sports Medicine, who shares office space with the FASTLane after hours walk-in clinic, located at 19900 Old Scenic Highway.
* Two General Surgeons, Dr. Thomas Kang and Dr. Sam Field who have formed Lane Surgery Group, and one Vascular Surgeon, Dr. Gregory Crenshaw with Vascular Specialty Center. Their offices are located at 4801 McHugh Road, Suite C, next to Lane’s outpatient physical therapy department.
* Zachary resident Dr. Pamela J. Parsons, along with Dr. F. Gregory Harris, have joined Lane Behavioral Health Services. Like the Zachary location, our new second location at 5550 Thomas Road in Baker offers intensive outpatient treatment for adults experiencing life-altering emotional crises.
* And Rheumatologist Joseph Nesheiwat at Zachary Rheumatology, 6110 Main Street, Suite C, brings his expertise in rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and severe osteoporosis to the area.
It is with great pleasure that we thank YOU, our patients, families and community members for allowing our dedicated team of professionals to do what they do best – provide the greatest healthcare possible.
We appreciate your support in the past and look forward to serving you and your family for generations to come. We have a great team here, and it shows!
If you ever have any questions or comments, please feel free to email me via our website: LaneRMC.org under "contacts,” or call me directly at (225)658-4303.
Randall M. Olson