Lane Regional Medical Center will host a Groundbreaking Ceremony to celebrate its new Medical Office Building IV on Monday, September 24, at 5 p.m., 6550 Main St., adjacent to the hospital. Park and enter via the Home Depot parking lot.
Zachary Mayor Henry Martinez, Metro Councilman District #1Wayne Carter, Chief of Staff Dr. Clayton Brown, Lane Board Chairman Dell Guerra and CEO Randy Olson will preside.
Lane Regional Medical Center’s administration selected the construction management team of Arkel Constructors, General Contractor, through a bid process. They will work with architectural corporation Bradley-Blewster & Associates to build Lane’s new three-story, $9 million Medical Office Building IV on 2.9 acres of land located adjacent to the hospital on Hwy 64, 6550 Main St. This frontage property is just a portion purchased last November for future expansion projects.
The new building will be a first for Zachary. Due to previous city ordinance height limitations, Lane’s will be the first three-story structure ever to be built in the city of Zachary. With 63,000 square feet, it can house up to 16 physician medical offices and feature a new outpatient center for imaging and lab referrals.
“As Lane continues to invest in the region, it is vital that we continue to change and grow to meet the needs of our patients and the communities we serve,” said hospital CEO Randall Olson. “We are very pleased that we can add this building to our campus to better meet the needs of the area.”
The new medical office building is expected to take approximately 14 months to build.
When Lane Regional Medical Center opened in 1960, Zachary was a sleepy suburb of Baton Rouge. In the years since then much has changed. Today, with 137 beds and 700+ employees, Lane is the largest employer within the city of Zachary and has a renewed commitment to the profession and the community.
Under the leadership of the Board of Commissioners, administration and department leaders, the hospital continues to grow and aggressively recruit new physicians and quality staff members.
Just in the past year Lane has:
· launched Cardiology services,
· opened a new Cath Lab and Intermediate Care Unit,
· put into operation the Picture Archival System making x-rays and images digital,
· expanded the Diabetes, Sleep Studies, OB/GYN, Orthopaedic, Outpatient Surgery, and Scale Down weight management programs,
· built a third Medical Office Complex,
· partnered with Zachary High to offer the Z-Med Certified Nursing Assistant program,
· created a Nurse Tech Internship program,
· purchased additional property for future expansion efforts, and
· received numerous Awards for Quality.
In the near future, Lane will:
· open FastLane - an After Hours Walk-in Clinic for minor illness and injury,
· begin Bedside Registration in the Emergency Room,
· establish hospital-wide Electronic Medical Records,
· begin construction a permanent Cath Lab, and
· open offices in Central.
Lane Regional Medical Center takes its responsibilities and investment in the community very seriously, which is why it continues to change and grow and is now a thriving regional facility.